The Domed NFC stickers with NTAG213 chip and on-metal protection can be applied on different surfaces, including metallic surfaces.
They are ideal to use for marketing purposes, product identification, location identification, or personal use.
How can I use NFC stickers for marketing purposes?
When NFC labels are used for marketing purposes, they are programmed to perform one of the universal functions on any phone that supports NFC technology.
When a user scans the NFC sticker, it can trigger the following activities:
- opens a link to a YouTube page or other video presentation,
- starts a navigation with the entered destination address (so that your customers can find their way to your store or bar),
- opens an URL link to your website or other landing page,
- display some text on the user's mobile phone (for example "The password of the prize game is . . .")
- open a mobile application or a link to install the application (the customer does not have to enter the link manually applications)
- automatically call the entered phone number or open a pre-written SMS
- report the location where the sticker is affixed (latitude and longitude, to search for treasure, escape room . . .)
- open Street View at certain coordinates
- add your contact information to a customer's phone
- configure a Wi-Fi network or Bluetooth connection
- add a connection to a social network (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat, Twitter, Telegram, Slack, Skype, Reddit . . .)
- find a product on Amazon, AOL, Baidu, eBay, Google, IMDb, Wikipedia, YouTube
- add a Bitcoin address for donations or other payments
- or use a chip ID to trigger some other action.
When the stickers are used for identification purposes, the app usually reads the chip ID number and it gets the related information from a database.
You can use an NFC sticker even for your personal use to simplify some routine tasks or help impaired persons.
Beside the universal functions like “Call my Dad,” send a pre-written SMS, or start a navigation to Home, you can trigger special tasks which work only with an NFC task app.
Such tasks are:
- Enable/Disable my Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, open VPN connection,
- Play Media, start Microphone Recording,
- Show an image, set brightness
- Launch an app . . .
- Launch vocal command . . .
- Dial a number, compose an SMS, Enable Speaker . . .
- Tasks to manipulate files and directories
- Tasks like Compose and Email, compose a tweet, Enable Flashlight, Tell the time, Roll some dice
- Enable Airplane mode, GPS, NFC, Mobile data
- Reboot, Shutdown . . .
The stickers contain an NTAG213 NFC chip
, which is an inexpensive read/write NFC chip compatible with standard ISO/IEC 14443-3A. These are used regularly for various NFC applications.
The NTAG213 chip has a 7 byte-long unique ID number encoded by the chip manufacturer and an EEPROM memory for storage up to 144 bytes of data that equals a 136 character-long URL address or a string of other data.
The memory can be set as ‘read-only,’ and can therefore be locked against future changes. The chip ID is always easily readable with many NFC applications and is visible to the public. The ID is usually used as an identifier which connects the user to the other information inside the application database.
Reading test for Domed NFC stickers with NTAG213 chip and on-metal protection
We have tested these stickers with different kinds of readers and measured the reading distances. This is not an official test, but it was made to inform you what reading distances you may expect with your application.
Technical specification for Domed NFC stickers with NTAG213 chip and on-metal protection
Manufacturer: NXP Semiconductors
Chip: NTAG213 (NFC Type 2)
Protocol: ISO/IEC 14443 Type A.
Frequency: 13.56 MHz
Memory size: 144 bytes of data which is equal to a 136 character-long URL address.
Security: 7-byte long preprogrammed chip Unique ID number, ECC-based originality signature, 32-bit password protection to prevent unauthorized memory operations and Field programmable read-only locking function
Reading distance: up to 10 cm
Dimensions: 50 x 30 mm
Thickness: approx. 2 mm
Material: polyurethane dome, PVC
These NFC stickers are suitable for mounting on metallic materials.
Technical documentation for NTAG213 chips and software tools are available here:
If you need a larger quantity, or you are a reseller/integrator do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to help you.