Robust 30 mm NFC stickers with a NTAG213 Chip and On-metal Protection contain a commonly used NFC NTAG213 chip, have a diameter of 30 mm, and are made of multiple layers of solid plastic material, including an on-metal protection material and a layer with the strong 3M adhesive which will make sure the NFC stickers are securely attached for a long time to come.
They are very commonly used for various NFC applications that require the chips attached to a metallic surface like metal posts, door frames, computer cases, metal boards, etc.
They can be used on other surfaces too - like glass, wood, wall, or plastic.
The NTAG213 NFC chip
is a read/write Type 2 NFC chip, compatible with standard ISO/IEC 14443-3A. It has an EEPROM memory for storage up to 144 bytes of data that equals a 136 character-long URL address or another data and a 7 byte-long unique ID number encoded by the chip manufacturer.
The chip ID is always easily readable with many NFC applications and is visible to the public. The ID is usually used as an identifier which connects the user to the other information inside the application database. The memory can be set as ‘read-only,’ and can therefore be locked against future changes.
These NFC stickers are ideal to use for marketing purposes, product identification, location identification, or personal use.
When a user scans the NFC sticker, it can open online presentations and video links, it can start a navigation, display some text, open an app, dial a phone number, or do various other NFC functionalities.
With such a NFC sticker you can:
- guide the customer to your webstite, YouTube or other product presentation,
- trigger a navigation with a destination address,
- display some text on client mobile phone (for example, this item belongs to...)
- open a mobile application or a download link to Google Play or another App Store
- automatically dial a phone number or open a pre-written SMS
- report the tag's location (Latitude and Longitude)
- open a Street View at certain coordinates
- add your contact details to your client’s phone (for NFC business cards are more appropriate NTAG216 chips
with a larger memory size)
- configure a Wi-Fi network or a Bluetooth connection
- add a Social Network link (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- search for product on Amazon, eBay, Google, IMDb, Wikipedia, YouTube, etc.
- add a Bitcoin address for donations or other payments
- or just use a chip ID to trigger some customized actions.
The NTAG213 chips can be programmed with regular mobile phones with NFC capabilities (Android and newer iPhones) or desktop NFC readers/encoders ACR1252U
with a suitable application like the NFC Tools
, NXP TagXplorer
and other NFC apps.
Reading test for robust 30 mm NFC stickers with a NTAG213 Chip and On-metal Protection
All NFC transponders with an on-metal protection achieve a slightly smaller reading distances than the transponders without the protection. We noticed that the reading distance gets even shorter when they are placed on metal surfaces because the metal weakens the readers signal too. Sometimes the tags when applied on metal cannot be read at all and in these cases you have to add under a tag some plastic material or wood with a thickness of 5-10 mm.
This is not an official test, and was made to inform you what reading distances you may expect with your application.
Options for customization (for pricing, please send an inquiry)
Beside the NFC stickers from stock, you can order the customized tags with the following features:
- Custom size or shape,
- Additional layer with adhesive,
- Printed elements like the company logo, serial number, chip ID codes, etc.
- Additional layer with on-metal protection
Manufacturer: NXP Semiconductors
Chip: NTAG213 (NFC Type 2)
Protocol: ISO/IEC 14443 Type A.
Frequency: 13.56 MHz
Memory size: 144 bytes of data which is equal to a 136 character-long URL address.
Security: 7-byte long preprogrammed chip Unique ID number, ECC-based originality signature, 32-bit password protection to prevent unauthorized memory operations and Field programmable read-only locking function
Reading distance: up to 5 cm
Dimensions: 30 mm
Thickness: approx. 1 mm
Adhesive: 3M adhesive
These NFC stickers are suitable for mounting on metallic materials.
We offer printed NFC stickers in various other shapes and materials as well.
If you need a larger quantity or you are a reseller/integrator do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to help you.